Course on monitoring and evaluation of community development projects
The course in monitoring and evaluation of community development projects seeks to strengthen students’ competences in understanding the potential and scope of the project. The course is aimed at understanding how evaluators analyse project proposals, how to identify the criticities and risks of the development plan before it begins, how to prepare the implementation reports for the actions financed. The objective of the training course is to train professionals to have a clear and systemic vision of both the project proposal and the implementation of community development plans.
Provide theoretical, methodological and practical tools for the evaluation of a coherent development project in terms of policies, strategies, resources and sustainability, and the monitoring of project implementation activities.
– Provide the methodology and capacities to evaluate the scope of the project and the adherence to the supported policies;
– Provide the methodology and tools to evaluate the conditions of access of the project to the support programs and maximize the impact of the projects;
– Provide the tools and methodologies to manage the activities of monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
The first and second modules corresponding to the theoretical load will be taught during 40 hours in the classroom. All modules contain previous hours of preparation by the students, they must carry out the readings requested by the teachers. On the other hand the practical module will be divided in 4 journeys for the field works, this module will be completed in 20 hours. The practices will be followed by 6 classes of workshop in analysis and project preparation that will concretize the practical work, for the duration of 30 hours. For each module the participant must deliver the agreed deliverables to proceed with the qualifications by the Planning and Development Unit. A report is presented by teachers and students as the final product of this course.
After the course, the participants will:
– Understand how to properly evaluate project proposals, data and their sources, criticise the analyses and evaluate the quality of the information received;
– Learn to use the appropriate tools to guarantee an efficient monitoring of the development projects, minimizing the risks and optimizing the success of its implementation;
– Understand how to prepare the specific reports required and envisaged by the donors.
|1||Project evaluation, methodology and tools||20|
|2||Project monitoring and progress reports||20|
|3||Field work practices (4 journeys) – level 4||20|
|4||Project Monitoring and Evaluation Lab||30|