Course in analysis and logic in community planning and development
The introductory course in community planning and development seeks to strengthen students’ competences in understanding project logic, identifying the conditions necessary for project implementation, and the types of analysis and data required, offering theoretical and methodological tools for teamwork, efficient decision-making in different political contexts and good governance. The course is aimed at creating a logical vision of the project proposal that allows to elaborate a development project that can be financed by an appropriate institution selected by theme.
Provide theoretical, methodological and practical tools for the identification and analysis of projects that foster community development.
– Provide an overview of cooperation and development at national and international levels;
– Provide the methodology and instruments to collect socio-economic and territorial data;
– Analyse the social context and evaluate strategies for a development project. Concepts, competencies and requirements behind the planned intervention.
The first and second modules corresponding to the theoretical load will be taught during 40 hours in the classroom. All modules contain previous hours of preparation by the students, they must carry out the readings requested by the teachers. On the other hand the practical module will be divided in 4 journeys for the field works, this module will be completed in 20 hours. The practices will be followed by 6 classes of workshop in analysis and project preparation that will concretize the practical work, for the duration of 30 hours. For each module the participant must deliver the agreed deliverables to proceed with the qualifications by the Planning and Development Unit. A report is presented by teachers and students as the final product of this course.
After the course, the participants will:
– Understand how to read and interpret the guidelines of the calls;
– Understand with what criteria the commission will judge the proposal and how to prepare the appropriate analysis;
– Understand how to adapt their projects to the conditions and characteristics of the calls.
|1||The structure of the project and its logic||20|
|2||Methodologies and Tools for the development of the project||20|
|3||Field work practices (4 journeys)||20|
|4||Analysis and Project Elaboration Lab||30|